Thursday, September 20, 2007

laine, helper of all things furry and small

so, i received this email today and i think it is such a wonderful thing for the orlando area. so, i'm asking all of you to read this and if you would like please sign the petition :) thanks!

Subject: Extreme Home Makeover Petition for Pet Rescue By JudyGuess what! Extreme Home Makeover is considering building us a shelterand we need you to sign the petition! This is what happend: Rose, the owner of the Red Lion Pub, contacted them a couple of monthsago and told them about how Judy lost her kennel due to zoning issues.They were intrigued because they had never done anything like a kennelbefore, so they asked for a video. That was a trick, getting a video ofJudy and her home without her knowing it but fortunately our treasurer,Abel, is pretty darn clever and pulled it off. Weeks went by with nerya word, then a phone call: can you get together a petition to show localsupport for Pet Rescue By Judy? Can we ever!!! And that's where we arenow. If you would like to sign the petition, please go to the link on ourhomepage, http://www.petrescuebyjudy.rescuegroups.com/. And let your friendsknow too. And keep your fingers crossed! Of course, we still need the 3 to 5 acres on which to build the shelter,but we are hoping that someone will step forward and help us in thatarea too. I don't suppose any of you know a banker or investmentcouncillor with a client who needs a tax break..... The down side toall of this is that we had to let the cat out of the bag and tell Judyabout the possibility of Extreme Home Makeover helping. She was stunnedand thrilled. And afraid to hope. But hope is what has kept her goingall these years! Let's all hope together!

the direct link for the petition is:
http://www.petitiononline.com/sep2007/petition.html

5 comments:

The Milk Maid said...

Aww- I am forbidden to bring any more animals or shoes home, but at least I can help this way! :D

Lora said...

That's awesome! I hope it goes through!! I just read Getting to know Laine and I just want to say I really hope this next cycle is it for you two!!! You've definitely been through a lot!! You DESERVE to experience this! And an early HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...I won't forget because that's my birthday too!!! :) It's nice getting to know you. I tried to sign the petition, but it says FL residents only. Sorry, not anymore. I grew up in Tampa, but live in Ohio now. I'll forward this on to my friends down there though! :)

twondra said...

Wow! There are a lot of signatures! I hope it goes through! Keep us posted!! :) (((HUGS)))

Michelle said...

I signed!

twondra said...

How are you doing girl? Hope you're doing okay! Is your donor coming over tonight??